GENERAL NEUROLOGIST - HOSPITAL EMPLOYED
West Tennessee Neuroscience and Spine is a state-of-the-art multidisciplinary center on the second floor of the Medical Center Physicians Tower. The 19,000 square foot space provides a "one-stop-shop" for patients with neurological and spine problems. The center includes 32 exam rooms, a radiology suite to provide imaging for quick diagnosis, and a patient education suite.
- 6 Neurologists, 3 Neurosurgeons, 2 Neuropsychologists
- Hospital employed group
- Great work/life balance with this group
- In clinic MRI, Stroke Program, EEG and EMG (www.wth.org/neuroscience-spine-center)
- AASM-accredited Sleep Disorders Center, Physical Medicine and Rehab available
- Established hospitalist program for medical management of admitted patients
- Most Fellowships accepted for this General Neurology opportunity.
- Competitive salary + productivity incentive and excellent benefits package
- Signing Bonus
- Student Loan Forgiveness up to $90,000
- Opportunity qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Jackson, Tennessee is a family friendly medium size city of more than 100,000 people conveniently located on Interstate 40 between Nashville and Memphis. Jackson is a progressive, growing community that offers the best of a small-town feel with big city amenities including a robust retail base. We are proud that Jackson is home of the Jackson Symphony, the Jackson Theatre Guild, the Miss Tennessee Scholarship Pageant and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame Museum. Jackson has over 20 parks and recreation areas including Middle Fork Bottoms set to be completed summer of 2021. Middle Fork Bottoms is about the size of Central Park in New York City and will have areas for canoes and kayaks, walking/running/biking trails and a landing area to observe the wildlife. Jackson offers a low cost of living with a 4,000 square foot home ranging $350,000 and Tennessee has no state income tax.
ABOUT WEST TENNESSEE HEALTHCARE
West Tennessee Healthcare was originally established in 1950. West Tennessee Healthcare is a public, not-for-profit healthcare system. Modern Healthcare Magazine listed West Tennessee Healthcare as one of the top 10 largest public, not-for-profit healthcare systems in the U.S. With services provided in 17 counties in West Tennessee, West Tennessee Healthcare is a family of healthcare services that provides a full compendium of care from:
- Seven Hospitals and Three Medical Centers
- Outpatient Surgical Facility, Infusion Services, and Rehab Facilities
- Home Healthcare Agency
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Medical Laboratory Services
- Medical Products
- Primary Care and Specialty Clinics
- Outpatient Imaging
- Early Child Development Intervention Services
West Tennessee Healthcare employs over 7,000 people and is one of the region’s top employers.
A Board of Trustees appointed by the City of Jackson and Madison County is charged with the oversight of operations. The system is completely self-supporting and does not operate on local tax revenues. With 635 licensed beds, Jackson-Madison County General Hospital offers comprehensive healthcare to Jackson and the surrounding counties.