The Department of Neurology at the University of California Davis, School of Medicine, is recruiting two cerebrovascular neurologists for full-time faculty positions. Leadership opportunities exist for qualified individuals.
Leadership opportunities may include:
- Telestroke Program Director
- Neurohospitalist Development
UC Davis Health is Comprehensive Stroke Center that provides 24/7 coverage for neuro-endovascular procedures, neurocritical care ICU support, neurovascular neurosurgery and includes RN stroke coordinators, and a well-established telestroke/ teleneurology network. Faculty work closely with residency programs in Neurology, Neurosurgery, as well as participate in Neurocritical Care clinical education. The department has an ACGME-approved Vascular Neurology fellowship.
The UC Davis Department of Neurology and UC Davis Health teaching hospital are nationally ranked in US News & World Report. UC Davis Health has one of the largest catchment areas of academic medical centers in California. Well-funded, highly active research programs and clinical trials in the cerebrovascular field are in place.
Primary responsibilities of the position include inpatient and outpatient clinic care; teaching medical students, residents, and stroke fellows; developing research and creative work; and providing University and public service.
The position is available in either the Health Sciences Clinical Professor or Clinical Neurology series at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level. Appointees in the Clinical Neurology series must have the ability and experience to conduct bench, clinical or translational research and have a record of publication in peer-reviewed journals. The Department of Neurology provides support for a successful academic career.
• The individual must possess a MD, DO or MD/PhD
• California medical license or licensure eligibility
• Board certified in Neurology by the ABPN
• Experience with outpatient, inpatient, and ICU neurology
• Demonstrated strong communication and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment; adhere to policies and procedures; and provide University/public service.
• For the Clinical Neurology series, the ability experience to conduct bench, clinical or translational research and have a record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Board certification or eligibility in Vascular Neurology and/or Neurocritical Care board certified. Neurohospitalists with sufficient Vascular Neurology training/experience board certified in Neurology will be considered.
• Administrative experience is preferred.
• For the Clinical Neurology series, evidence of success in obtaining extramural funding and/or administering clinical trials.
For the full position description and to apply, visit: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF04381