MORE THAN 310 DAYS OF SUNSHINE AND OVER
2 MILLION PEOPLE TO CARE FOR – COME BE A PART
OF ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS TO OFFER
Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices with more than 170 Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Neuro-hospitalist provides inpatient care in coordination with hospital departments to ensure high quality patient care. The Neuro-hospitalist coordinates a course of treatment for patients with a variety of neurological diseases and illnesses while working with an inter-disciplinary team of nurses, physician assistants, dieticians, surgeons, pathologists and pharmacists. The Neuro-hospitalist will act as an expert in disease management and prevention.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate form an accredited Neurology Residency program
- Two (2) years direct patient care neuro-hospitalist experience
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certified or board eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- May be required to use personal auto to drive to meetings, special events or to carry out assignments as requested. This will require proof of California driver’s license and proof of insurance.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED:
- Demonstrates expertise in communication: able to work with team members, PCPs, specialists, nursing directors, and hospital departments to effectively facilitate the care of patients by admitting and rounding on hospital patients.
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with Group standards, medical staff by-laws, pathways/best practices
- Knowledgeable regarding a Neuro-hospitalist scope of practice.
- Able to work 7on/7off schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in diagnoses: assessment, intervention, and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding Neurology scope of practice.
- Experience performing and interpreting EMG’s and EEG’s.
- Perform neurologic history and physical examination, including mental status examination and evaluation of cranial nerves, motor and sensory function, coordination, gait and reflexes.
- Evaluate new-onset headaches (whether traumatic or atraumatic), with or without altered mental state, and with or without focal neurologic findings. Diagnosis and treat cluster, migraine and tension-type headaches.
- Diagnosis, evaluate and treat common causes of dementia. Differentiate dementia from delirium and depression. Manage general medical factors that improve or worsen dementia.
- Diagnosis, evaluate and treat seizure disorders.
- Diagnose, evaluate and treat neuropathies, radiculopathies and myelopathies. Provide treatment of neuropathy and radiculopathy.
- Diagnose, evaluate and treat degenerative neurologic disorders such as Parkinsons disease.
- Diagnose, evaluate and treat demyelinating disorders such as multiple sclerosis.
- Diagnosis, evaluate and treat cerebral ischemic symptoms and events.