Helen DeVos Children's Hospital and Bronson Children’s Hospital are seeking a board certified/board eligible pediatric neurologist to join our comprehensive neuroscience program. Outpatient care will be provided at the award-winning Bronson Neuroscience Center while inpatient care will be provided at Bronson Children's Hospital—the only children's hospital in southwest Michigan—located on the campus of Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
The provider will be a full member of both children's hospitals.
The position is a hospital-employed opportunity with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Practice: Bronson Neuroscience Center
- A neuroscience center with a reputation for high quality care and outstanding patient experience, join 11 other pediatric neurologists and 7 APPs with subspecialty support including: pediatric epilepsy, pediatric neurocritical care, pediatric neuromuscular, pediatric stroke/neurovascular, pediatric brain tumor/neuro-oncology, pediatric movement disorders, pediatric neuroimmunology and pediatric headache
- Pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit - staffed by board certified epileptologists
- Daily outpatient clinic with inpatient rounding
Bronson Children’s Hospital:
- All-private beds: 36-bed general pediatric unit, an 8-bed PICU, and a 50-bed regional NICU
- Pediatrics/PICU ground and air transport teams
- Together, more than 25 pediatric specialists provide consultative services to Bronson Children's Hospital
- Learn more at bronsonhealth.com/locations/bronson-childrens-hospital/
The desired candidate:
- Enjoys teaching
- Welcomes work within a multidisciplinary team
- Will be active in resident training, research, outreach, and quality improvement
Helen DeVos Children's Hospital has had exponential growth in the last 4 years, coming a long way in a short period of time, from #89 in US News and World Report to #40. In 2021, Helen Devos was ranked in 8 specialties by the US News and World Report, including Neurosurgery and Neurosciences. This is due to the support from Spectrum Health and the dedication of the current neurologists and neurosurgeons to outstanding clinical care, access, education, research, quality, and outcomes. Helen Devos has the only Pediatric Neuro ICU, the largest pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and the only level IV comprehensive epilepsy program in West Michigan and the highest market share in seizure/epilepsy in the state of Michigan.
Bronson Healthcare, the region’s leading system, has four hospitals, including Bronson Methodist Hospital. It is located just east of Lake Michigan—only hours from Detroit and Chicago—and offers a diverse cultural opportunity, affordable real estate, and a major focus on education. Bronson is affiliated with Western Michigan University, Homer Stryker School of Medicine with faculty appointment opportunities available. Southwest Michigan has a variety of recreational opportunities including hiking, boating, fishing, nature preserves, parks, breweries, symphony, and theatre.
- Licensed Physician (MD/DO) - State of Michigan
- BC/BE - Pediatric Neurologist
- Basic Life Support, Adv Cardiovascular Life Support, Pediatric Adv Life Support - 90/120 days
For further information on this contact:
Lisa Lopez, Physician Recruiter
Apply for Pediatric Neurologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly