Henry Ford Health System is Seeking a Movement Disorders Neurologist
The Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center of the Henry Ford Medical Group is seeking board-certified Neurologists with additional fellowship training in Movement Disorders to join our multi-disciplinary team. Henry Ford’s Neuroscience Institute is one of the largest and most active in the Midwest, offering the most advanced neurologic medical and surgical therapies across all the major subspecialties.
The Department of Neurology is home to more than 45 neurologists and 10 fellowship programs (including 2 Movement Disorders Fellowship positions) at 8 Henry Ford Medical Center sites throughout southeast Michigan. The department offers the full spectrum of quaternary services and provides patient care to over 50,000 patients annually.
The Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Center is an academic Division, which has been designated as a Center of Excellence by the Huntington Disease Society of America. It is a national leader in movement disorder research, with more than 10 actively enrolling studies annually. In the last five years, the Department of Neurology has received over $47 Million in clinical and basic science research funding for 245 grants and contracts, averaging 3-7 NIH grants a year.
The opportunity includes:
- Providing advanced, cutting edge evidence-based care for a multitude of movement disorder problems.
- Medical, surgical and neuro-stimulation related therapies are utilized. Available treatments include deep brain stimulation, a DBS program, and botulinum toxin.
- Participating in a robust clinical research program.
- Position provides educational endeavors, including a teaching role with medical students, Neurology residents, and Movement Disorder fellows.
- Must be Board-eligible/Board-certified in Neurology with additional fellowship training in Movement Disorders.
- Must have completed an ACGME/AOA approved Neurology residency.
Additional details may be found on our website: https://henryford.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/movement-disorders-neurologist-46836 For more information or to submit your CV, contact Gregory L. Barkley, M.D., c/o Laura Settles at email@example.com. (313) 282-4747.