NC - 9 Hospital System Seeking Neurointensivist
Vidant Medical Center, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking a Neurology Neurointensivist to join its growing NSICU team. Applicants should have knowledge and practical skills in neurologic diagnosis and management, neuroimaging, neurotrauma, stroke management, invasive monitoring, intra-cranial pressure management, as well as ventilator and hemodynamic management. The successful candidate will provide care for critically ill patients with neurologic and neurosurgical illnesses in Vidant’s 24-bed NSICU. Applicants must be fellowship trained in neurocritical care medicine. Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina.
Greenville is located 80 miles east of Raleigh and 80 miles northwest of NC’s beautiful Crystal Coast.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center
- Large referral network including over 100 Vidant Medical Group practices and 8 Vidant Health owned hospitals
- Established neuroscience team of 9 neurosurgeons including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, neurointensivists, neurologists and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Team of 13 dedicated NSICU NP/PA’s providing 24/7 coverage
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Over 600 endovascular procedures performed annually to include Subarachnoid coilings
- Over 1000 neurological cases performed annually to include complex spine and brain tumor resections
- Over 1500 annual admissions with stroke as primary diagnosis
- Nationally recognized by Becker’s Healthcare as a top 100 program for neurosurgery
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
For more information about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at 252-847-3591 or at JoAnn.Barnhill@VidantHealth.com.
Apply for NC - 9 Hospital System Seeking Neurointensivist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly