East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine, located in Greenville, NC, seeks a board eligible or board certified Pediatric Neurologist to join their Neurology Division. The successful candidate will join an academic group in a tenure track or fixed-term appointment at the rank/title of Assistant Professor or higher, commensurate with qualifications. Greenville is located 80 miles northwest of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
East Carolina University is affiliated with Vidant Health, a 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed, Level 1 Trauma center, serves as the teaching hospital for East Carolina University.
- Employment with East Carolina University, Brody School of Medicine
- Hospital privileges at The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center - a 206,499 square foot 198-bed facility
- Strong support from East Carolina University Department of Pediatrics
- Established academic Neurology practice with 5 Adult Neurologists, 1 Pediatric Neurologist and 4 Nurse Practitioners
- 100% Pediatric Neurology
- Inpatient and Outpatient responsibilities
- Teaching and Clinical Research opportunities
- Extensive office support
- On-site infusion suite
- 1:1 nursing
- In office Lab, EEG and EMG
- 10-Bed PICU and 38-Bed NICU
- Benefits: State Benefits, Relocation, Vacation, CME Days & Reimbursement, Malpractice (with tail), 401K, Insurance, Disability, Life Insurance
The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital, located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, is designed to care for children from newborns to 18 years of age (and up to 21 years of age is patient is being followed by a pediatric physician). The facility provides highly specialized services including a pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care, kids immunosuppressed specialty unit, specialty care nursery, mother-baby unit, pediatric ECMO services, 24/7 children’s emergency department, acute dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy, pediatric radiology, pediatric rehabilitation, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and craniofacial surgery. The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center is a designated Children’s Miracle Network hospital, placing it among the nation’s top children’s facilities.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability and a convenient location, combined with the amenities of a metropolitan university town, make Greenville and ideal place to live, work and play!
For more information on the East Carolina University Pediatric Neurology position, please contact Vidant Health in-house neuroscience recruiter, JoAnn Barnhill at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 252.847.3591.