East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine, located in Greenville, NC, is seeking a board eligible or board certified General Neurologist to join their growing Neurology Division. Sub-specialty interests supported. The successful candidate will join an academic group in a tenure track or fixed-term appointment at the rank/title of Assistant Professor or higher, commensurate with qualifications.
East Carolina University is affiliated with Vidant Health, a 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed, Level 1 trauma center, serves as the teaching hospital for East Carolina University and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina.
Vidant Health is a 9 hospital system serving 29 eastern NC counties and 1.4 million people. Greenville (population 90,000+) is located 80 miles northwest of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
- Hospital Privileges at Vidant Medical Center
- Established academic Neurology practice that includes 5 Adult Neurologists, 1 Pediatric Neurologist and 4 Nurse Practitioners
- Teaching and Clinical Research opportunities
- Inpatient and Outpatient responsibilities
- Inpatient Stroke call covered by Vidant Neurohospitalist team
- Extensive office support
- 1:1 nursing support
- On-site Infusion Suite
- In office Lab, EEG, EMG and Nerve Conduction
- ALS Clinic
- Vidant Medical Center has a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivists as well as a 75-bed CARF accredited rehabilitation center providing inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Benefits: NC State Benefits, Relocation Assistance, Vacation, CME Days & Reimbursement, Malpractice (with tail), 401K, Insurance, Disability, Life Insurance
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability and a convenient location, combined with the amenities of a metropolitan university town, make Greenville and ideal place to live, work and play!
For more information on the East Carolina University General Neurology position, please contact Vidant Health in-house neuroscience recruiter, JoAnn Barnhill at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 252.847.3591.