Opportunity in the Bay Area!
The East Bay Medical Group is seeking a general Neurologist in the Department of Medicine at Alameda Health System (AHS). AHS is an integrated public health system that spans 5 facilities, 4 ambulatory sites, and 800 beds providing primary, specialty, and Level 1 Trauma care to the residents of Alameda County. Highland Hospital, our flagship facility, is based in Oakland. We are a safety net system that is proud to serve our surrounding communities with safe, equitable, high quality care. AHS’ mission is Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All.
As a Neurologist, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution. If you are a compassionate physician eager to practice Neurology in a collaborative, supportive setting providing healthcare services for vulnerable populations, you will be at home at AHS.
About East Bay Medical Group:
East Bay Medical Group (EBMG) is a multispecialty entity that supports the majority of physicians who staff Alameda Health System. We recently formed in July 2020 from two prior medical groups, producing a practitioner base that spans from new residency graduates to tenured master clinicians who have been at AHS for more than 30 years. Our group is defined by values including inclusivity, engagement, patient advocacy, leadership development and physician wellness. We take an active anti-racism stance to our work.
This position is right for you if you are:
- Mission-driven: Committed to access, equity, and justice as it relates to providing excellent women’s health care to the community of patients that AHS serves
- Flexible: Embraces change, welcomes feedback, and engages in debate towards attaining the best possible result
- Lifelong learning: Humble and curious in continuing to develop as a clinician and team member
- Diagnosing and managing patients with Neurologic disorders in both the outpatient and inpatient settings
- Maintenance and development of clinical programs and patient care delivery model(s) that are consistent with current professional standards and with the mission, vision, and values of the organization with a focus on inpatient neurologic diseases
- Oversee resident and medical student neurology education.
- Assist the Division Chief/Stroke Director with administrative work relevant to inpatient neurology. This includes but is not limited to quality and process improvement of the inpatient/ED consult service at Highland, assisting with supporting and developing stroke services including the institutional mission of achieving Primary Stroke Center designation for Highland Hospital, supporting the inpatient teleneurology program (clinically staffed by an outside contracted company, Specialist On Call).
Work Life Balance
- Work in a mission-driven practice with diverse, representative, and like-minded colleagues;
- Live in the East Bay in beautiful weather, a diverse community, and a variety of housing options;
- A family-centered culture that supports parents and caregivers;
- Generous days off and professional development opportunities.
Competitive financial compensation structure with above and beyond pay for shifts in excess of normal duty hours
- 100% matched retirement plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits for yourself and your dependents
- Malpractice insurance
- Professional development funds covering CME, licensure, and other coursework
- Eligible for State and Federal Loan Forgiveness program
EBMG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.