No Call Requirements! Hospital-employed Neurology position in Ohio!
Looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurologist to join our well established, hospital employed General Neurology outpatient practice. No call requirements. 24/7 coverage for inpatient units provided by Neurohospitalist team. Telemedicine for acute stroke. Providers in the practice include Augusto Juguilon, MD, Fernando Norona, MD (Neurohospitalist), Angela Rackley, MD (Neurohospitalist), Laura Sova, NP, and Andy Stegman, PA.
- Option #1: Base salary of $294,000 (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to a wRVU production contract when exceeding target.
- Option #2: Base salary of $359,800 (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to a wRVU production contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 4 weeks plus holidays/sick days (29 PTO days). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,500 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,500 year before taxes under age 50 and $26,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: physician pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- CERP (Pay for Call) Program: Explained by VP of Finance
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2-4 years)
- Practice Location
- New outpatient clinic located on the main campus of the hospital
- Office Hours/Work Schedule
- 8a to 5p. Monday thru Thursday. Friday 8a to 12 noon.
- 5 Medical Assistants
- 4 LPNs
- Call Schedule/CERP (if applicable)
- No call other than to respond to critical lab value alerts (very minimal)
- Eligible to earn additional compensation by joining our CERP (Pay for Call) Program
- Case Load
- Expected to see 20-25 patients a day to start. Can see many more if desired.
- 2 Nicolet / Viasys / Carefusion digital EEG Machines – approximately 800-1000 tests per year
- Nicolet / Viasys EMG Machine – over 300 per year
- Ambulatory EEG available
- Practice Expectations
- Looking for a personable, hardworking, team player devoted to patient centered care
- Work well with team and staff
- Ability to build service line
Click here to learn more about SOMC: http://www.somc.org/
Hospital Beds: 248 staffed | Service Area: 250,000 | Not-for-profit established in 1966 | Employs: over 2700 | Medical Staff: 250
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students, Residents, and Advanced Practitioner trainees. Staff are eligible for Clinical Adjunct Faculty status with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug and nicotine test, and criminal background investigation.
Apply for No Call Requirements! Hospital-employed Neurology position in Ohio!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly