Inova Neurosciences is a regional leader in the diagnosis, treatment and research of complex neurological conditions involving the brain, spine and nervous system. We are seeking a Neurohospitalist to join our team!
With more than twenty-five specialized programs, we have the largest and most expansive neuroscience focused programs and services in Northern Virginia. Our highly trained and nationally recognized physicians treat a wide range of conditions, including brain and spinal tumors, concussion, epilepsy, headache, memory disorders, multiple sclerosis and neuroimmunology, neuromuscular, neuro-ophthalmology, neurotrauma and critical care, pain management, Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders, pediatric neurology, sleep disorders, rehabilitation, spine conditions, and stroke and cerebrovascular disease.
Our physicians care for patients at Inova’s five hospitals (Inova Alexandria Hospital, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Inova Loudoun Hospital and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital), physician offices and outpatient and rehabilitation treatment locations. Our comprehensive research program is committed to the advancement of treatment protocols. Our surgical volumes rank among the highest in the nation. We have robust neurosurgery residency program and host a range of medical education offerings. The Inova Neuroscience and Spine Institute employs a multidisciplinary approach so that patients and their families experience expert, coordinated care beginning at diagnosis throughout treatment.
- Board eligible/board certified in neurology
- Joining a group of three general neurohospitalists at IFMC, two general neurohospitalists at IAH and six vascular physicians at our flagship campus. Additionally, five vascular APP’s and 3.6 general neurology APP’s at IFMC.
- Inpatient only, seven-on/seven-off coverage, 12-hour shifts, no nights required
- Team shares stroke call overnight, but during the day covered by vascular neurology team
- Hospital employed position
- Competitive guaranteed salary and incentive component
- Full benefits, including, health, dental, vision and life
- Annual CME support
- Licensure and DEA reimbursement
Inova Neurosciences Program Highlights:
- Twelve hour, 7on/7off coverage
- APP Support
- Academic culture with weekly conference, teaching medical students and residents
- Low Call Frequency
- Affiliation with UVA
- Participation in clinical trials
- Separate vascular and general neurology teams, as well as EMU team and Neuro-ICU
- Dynamic program with stroke clinic, tele-stroke, and 24hr stroke coverage
About Inova Fairfax Medical Campus:
- 923 beds
- US News 2021 ranked #1 Hospital in DC and Virginia
- Only Level I Trauma Center in Northern Virginia- Inova Fairfax Hospital Emergency Department receives about 88,000 patients each year.
- Comprehensive Stroke Certified
- The Inova Epilepsy Center at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is accredited and recertified by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. It has held a level four accreditation, the highest level available, since 2017.
- Inova’s Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology Center was recognized as a partner in MS Care by the National MS Society.
- "A" from The Leapfrog Group's Hospital Safety Grade
- Diverse Patient Population
- Proximity to Washington DC (Large Metropolitan Area)
If interested in applying or for more information, please contact: Allison.Spindle@inova.org