Academic Neurologist - Movement Disorders
- Full Time
Department of Neurology
Division of Neurology
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
Title: Academic Neurologist Specialized in Movement Disorders
Outstanding Movement Disorder Faculty Opportunity at Temple Health – Discover what makes this Leading Academic Medical Center one of the best places to work in Philadelphia!
Summary of Opportunity
The Department of Neurology at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, announces the search for a neurologist, fellowship trained in Movement Disorders, to join its growing Neurodegenerative disease program in the role of clinician educator. Applicants must have a strong interest in working within an Academic environment, and possess academic credentials for a faculty appointment at the appropriate rank
The Neurosciences Center at Temple University Hospital is one of the region's best facilities for the treatment of neurological disorders. Its mission-driven culture, state-of-the-art diagnostic center, and wide range of clinical trials and basic science/translational research in the areas of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, AIDS dementia, Stroke, Neurovirology, Substance Abuse and more, mean access to advanced treatment options for our patients.
Temple’s Neurodegenerative Disease Center is developing a multidisciplinary approach with wraparound care for evaluating and treating patients with all forms of movement disorders. A highly skilled, multidisciplinary medical team of neurologists and neurosurgeons along with physical therapists, case management, clinical nurse educators, and mental health specialists, will offer comprehensive diagnostic and treatment capabilities that provide patients with the most advanced treatments available today in a compassionate one stop setting. The Center is dedicated to excellence in diagnosis, treatment, and education, and is committed to clinical research including trials, patient registries, and tissue banking of samples. The clinical enterprise will be actively engaged with our Neuroscience Institute to promote collaborative and translational research.
In addition to a competitive salary, and comprehensive suite of benefits – including a generous 403b retirement match, health, dental, vision, life, malpractice, paid vacation, CME, and more – the position offers:
- a uniquely supportive practice environment with a mission driven culture emphasizing quality patient care, research, and teaching;
- individual career development, and collegiality among faculty members;
- a predictable schedule; and
- leadership opportunities for qualified candidates.
- Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- M.D. or D.O.
- Fellowship trained in Movement Disorders
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Neurology
- Must have an unrestricted medical license from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or the ability to obtain one prior to employment
- Must be commitment to supporting and promulgating diversity among faculty, staff, students and patients
The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers, with 20 clinical departments; 8 basic Science Departments; 13 Research Center (all of which are engaged in patient care education and research) and more than 1,000 physicians and scientists sharing the mission of bringing innovative treatments to patients. Like them, our highly skilled neurology and neurosurgery faculty are committed to providing:
- education that is patient-centered, instilling in learners the School’s ethic of human service and lifelong learning;
- research that advances and integrates basic and clinical science; and
- patient care that is administered with compassion and understanding, utilizing contemporary knowledge and techniques.
Take a scrolling tour of Temple Here
Procedure for Candidacy
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current curriculum vita and three professional reference names w/contact information online at: https://bit.ly/3AUHyim or via email at: email@example.com
Please address all applications to: Paul M. Katz, M.D., Interim Chair, Department of Neurology, Director, Temple Stroke Program, C/O Jessica N. Vega, Senior Physician/Faculty Recruiter, Department of Physician/Faculty Recruitment & Retention Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University.
The University is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching, and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
For more information about diversity at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, please visit the Office of Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.