ACADEMIC NEUROLOGIST: MOVEMENT DISORDERS
- Full Time
Banner University Medical Center – Phoenix (BUMC-P)
Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) is seeking an experienced Neurologist with proven skills in a wide variety of Movement disorders and noted procedures. Specifically, experience in caring for/treating patients who have Parkinson's, Huntington's, Lewy Body Disease, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dystonia, and other movement disorder. Candidates must possess a demonstrated commitment to patient care, and are passionate about medical education, and be committed to movement disorder clinical trials. The successful candidate will receive a faculty appointment to Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix commensurate with their credentials.
This position will support Banner Health’s alignment with the Banner Sun Health Research Institute (BSHRI) and the Banner Alzheimer’s Institute by helping to develop a movement disorder program on the BUMC-P campus clinic. The candidate hired will work to implement a provider-to-support caring model for this patient population, developing research, and driving referrals into the Banner Health system.
QUALIFICATIONS | POSITION SUMMARY:
- BC in Neurology with fellowship training in Movement Disorders
- Expertise in botulinum toxin injection, as well as deep brain stimulation case selection and programming
- Outpatient clinic | Average 10-14 patients/day
- Work schedule: M-F | 8a-5p
- Ability to work with residents and medical education
- Combination research component would include clinical care and clinical trials focused on movement disorders
- Working to enhance BUMC-Ps competitive position in the market; candidate will work to support alignment with Neuro-Wellness and physical therapy programs
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills are required for patient care activities including documentation, supervision of others, presentations and conduct of teaching activities
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers. Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix (BUMC-P), formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center. This world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the surrounding communities in Arizona and the greater Southwest.
Banner Health offers an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family, including:
- Attractive salary plus incentives
- Sign-on/relocation assistance
- Paid malpractice
- CME days plus allowance
- Retirement package of 401(k) with matching and 457(b) deferred compensation
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
Interested applicants are encouraged to join our physician talent community where you can upload your CV and track application progress: https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com Questions, please call Joanna Wilkes, Sourcing Strategist, at: 602-747-4521. Visit our website: www.bannerdocs.com
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.