Director of Neurocritical Care with New England Neuroscience Institute
The largest integrated health care system in Connecticut is seeking an experienced neurointensivist to join as Director of Neurocritical Care and further develop the growing neurosciences program. This is a wonderful opportunity for a mid-career specialist to partner with the Chief of Neurology/Stroke Director and Director of Neurocritical Care at another prominent hospital in the system to develop the newest branch of the neurocritical care service line.
The hospital location where the new Director of Neurocritical Care will practice is a 473-bed tertiary care academic center located on the scenic CT shoreline and the newest member of the health system. This is an opportunity to lead a Neurocritical Care center in the region that will further the mission to provide the highest level of care to complex Neurosurgical and stroke patients.
The health system is 7 hospitals and a large multi-specialty medical group employing nearly 1,000 physicians practicing in 150 state-of-the-art ambulatory locations throughout southern New England. The affiliated Neuroscience Institute is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of 135 Neuroscience physicians and advanced practitioners with training and expertise in the areas of Vascular Neurology, Neuro-oncology, Neuromuscular, Movement Disorders, Epilepsy, Headache, and Pain Management, Cognitive Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neurocritical care, Neuro-ophthalmology, and General Neurology.
- Design and implement your vision for the newest branch of the NCC division
- 4 fellowship-trained neurointensivists & critical care team available for clinical support
- Join vision to develop the program into a regional tertiary level care program with an array of neurosciences subspecialties
- EVT Program and LTM capable ICU (contains “flex unit” of 4-6 dedicated NCC beds)
- Participate in Neurocritical Care Council with system-wide neurointensivists
- Provide hands-on clinical supervision and teaching for medical students and advanced practitioners
- Actively participate and attend quality conferences, clinical case conferences, and CQI meetings
- Faculty appointment and academic collaboration additional academic institution available
- Competitive compensation plan including leadership stipend, quality metric bonuses, signing incentives, and full employment benefits
Check out all of our positions here!
Apply for Director of Neurocritical Care with New England Neuroscience Institute
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly