Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Neurology are expanding and seeking a B/E or B/C neurologist to join their growing neuroscience program in an outpatient only position. The successful candidate will provide care at the Vidant Healthplex located in Wilson, North Carolina and the Vidant Multispecialty Clinic located in Tarboro, North Carolina. The close proximity of the two locations and outpatient only clinical responsibilities, combine, to offer an excellent work-life balance.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Opportunity available due to programmatic expansion
- Support from an established neuroscience team at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma and comprehensive stroke center in Greenville that includes the region’s only Neuro ICU, 2 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Vidant Edgecombe Hospital in Tarboro is certified as a Primary Stroke Center
- Close affiliation with Vidant Neurology Greenville
- Strong referral support from primary care providers located within the two clinic locations
- Outpatient only, Monday – Friday schedule
- System-wide EHR - EPIC
- Competitive compensation and benefits to include: final year resident/fellow stipend, annual stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, and holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, and vision, disability, and life insurance
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
Vidant Medical Group
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
North Carolina has many draws to include vast state parks, professional sports teams (NBA, NFL and NHL), pristine beaches, high-ranking public colleges/universities and diverse arts and cultural offerings - making the area an attractive location to live, practice medicine and vacation.