Academic / Research Clinical Epileptologist
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) in Phoenix, Arizona, is a focused neuroscience institute and internationally recognized leader in neurology and neurosurgery, neuroradiology, and translational neurobiology. Drawing patients from the entire United States, Mexico, Canada, and worldwide, BNI has subspecialty clinics in Epilepsy, Headache, Concussion and Traumatic Brain / Spine Injury, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Otology, Movement and Parkinson's disorders, Neuromuscular, Neurovascular and Stroke, Cerebrovascular and Cognitive disorders.
Join a Neurology Department comprised of nearly 50 faculty members; multidisciplinary programs using full range of treatment modalities to care for patients; a vibrant neurology Residency program and subspecialty Fellowships.
- Epilepsy Division consists of nine epilepsy neurologists active in patient care and clinical research.
- With a 12 bed Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, BNI has an active long term monitoring program in our 70 bed Neuro ICU, a MEG unit, and an active epilepsy surgery program.
- BNI is a founding member of the Epilepsy Learning Healthcare System, a multicenter network focused on improving care and outcomes for patients with epilepsy.
- Duties include care of complex epilepsy patients, EEG interpretation, intraoperative monitoring, and emphasis on participating in Epilepsy Clinical trials both as a site investigator and leader.
- Department of Neurology includes large, state-of the-art outpatient facilities, and an established network of resources including dedicated outpatient neurology infusion center (in-house), neuro-psychology / psychiatry and therapies; social work; physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
- Academic title appointments with University Of Arizona College Of Medicine Phoenix and Creighton University School of Medicine.
- BNI academic rank will match applicant’s qualifications.
Candidates must be Board certified in Neurology and have successfully completed an Epilepsy or Clinical Neurophysiology fellowship program and/or be certified in Epilepsy or Clinical Neurophysiology by the ABPN.
BNI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes a relocation allowance.
Please send your CV along with a letter of interest via email to: Jeremy M. Shefner, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Neurology Chair, Senior Vice President Barrow Neurological Institute to: Patricia.Rains@CommonSpirit.org.