Division Chief of Neurology – Stroke
4 days left
- Full Time
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. Comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States, our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island, located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery. We are currently searching for a dynamic Neurologist to join our outstanding team as our Division Chief. Our ideal candidate will have graduated from a stroke fellowship as we are working on our Certified Stroke Center.
Our Division Chief will oversee administrative management of the Neurology Division for the Department of Medicine, including quality assurance and attainment of facility-driven performance targets. Along with providing clinical care in an inpatient and outpatient setting, overseeing Inpatient and outpatient consultation in general neurology, and providing resident and medical education and participating in scholarship, you will provide clinical guidance and direction to other members of the healthcare team, assist in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for staff working in the division, clinically lead our stroke service and supervise our stroke coordinator, and perform other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Department Chairperson.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Neurology
- Current NYS license (or the ability to obtain one)
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant experience post-fellowship
- Prior leadership/teaching experience
- Desire and passion to work with the underserved
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Potential incentive bonuses for qualified providers
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
For more information regarding this opportunity, or to be considered, please email your CV to: Lea Power Carpenter, Director, Talent Acquisition for PAGNY, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at:
Physician Affiliate Group of New York, P.C.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V