Neurointensive Care Specialist, Assistant Professor Wayne State University School of Medicine
Neurointensive Care Specialist, Assistant Professor (Clinician-Educator) in the Department of Neurology at Wayne State University School of Medicine
Department of Neurology at Wayne State University seeks a physician who is subspecialized in Neurointensive Care. Our NICU is located in Detroit Receiving Hospital, a Level I trauma center and primary stroke center in Detroit. The NICU team provides high quality of care to a large number of patients with neur0trauma, cerebrovascular diseases, epilepsy and other critical neurological illness. The NICU also maintains a large database of these critically ill patients. The team has actively engaged clinical trials and other research projects. The details for a desired candidate are as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with your colleagues in NICU team closely and deliver high quality of care to patients in the closed NICU.
- Motivated to conduct clinical research in the areas of traumatic brain injuries, subarachnoid hemorrhage, stroke and related disorders of NICU.
- Participate in teaching programs for medical students, residents and fellows.
- Participate conferences, seminars and other academic activities in the Department of Neurology.
- M.D. or D.O. degree required.
- Completed a training in accredited fellowship program in Neurocritical Care.
- Eligible for Michigan medical license.
- Rank commensurate with credentials.
Interested candidates should visit https://jobs.wayne.edu and apply to posting number 045596. Candidates must submit a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Wayne State University is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high quality education. Our deep rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse, global society. WSU encourages applications from women, people of color, and other underrepresented people. Wayne State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.