Neurology Residency Program Director for New Program in Northern California
4 days left
- Full Time
Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Medical Center is currently seeking an experienced Program Director to lead and develop a new Neurology residency program planned to start in academic year 2022-2023. This follows on the heels of four successful residency programs that have already started in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Transitional Year. St. Joseph’s Medical Center has three additional programs pending accreditation from ACGME in Urology, Anesthesiology, and Psychiatry.
For over a century, Dignity Health St. Joseph's Medical Center has been providing excellent care for all those in need in Northern California. Nationally recognized as a quality leader, St. Joseph's is consistently chosen as the "most preferred hospital" by local consumers. St. Joseph's is the largest hospital and one of the largest private employers in San Joaquin County. As the Founding Neurology Residency Program Director with Dignity Health, you will be a part of CommonSpirit Health, one of the largest hospitals and health delivery systems in the country.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build the Neurology program from the ground up within St. Joseph’s Medical Center. The intent will be to have four (4) residents per year for a total of sixteen (16) residents as part of a Neurology program. There is strong demand for neurological services drawing from eight counties with a population of over one million. The development of this program will support a vital need in the community with the hope of retaining neurologists in the community. The Director would have an appointment with Touro University Medical Group.
- Live the Northern California Lifestyle Without the High Cost Living! Highly Visible and Accessible Suburban Location with a Well-Established, Socio-economically Diverse Patient Population. Easy access to the Bay Area & Sacramento! Be Part of a Growing GME Program & Brand-New Neurology Residency.
- The hospital is undergoing significant investment in facilities and advanced, state-of-the-art technology to continue educating the next generation of healthcare professionals in a patient-centered environment.
- Experience a highly supportive, collegial environment and faculty who specialize in cardiovascular care, comprehensive cancer services, and women and children's services, including neonatal intensive care.
- Continue to build a legacy model of healthcare, and establish your legacy—one that enriches the quality of neurology GME and expands clinical training capacity in Northern California.
- St. Joseph's Medical Center is a not-for-profit, fully accredited, regional hospital with 355 beds, physician staff of nearly 900, and more than 2,300 employees.
- Dignity’s residency programs are dedicated to training highly skilled, compassionate, and well-rounded physicians who will graduate prepared to care for any individual in a diverse range of emergent, urgent and ambulatory care settings.
- Benefit from the mentorship of senior national experts in graduate medical education and program accreditation, backed by the largest and most comprehensive faith-based health system in the country.
- We believe in the healing power of humanity. Excellent, patient-focused care is the mission of our hospital and Neurology Residency Program.
- An exceptional variety of clinical training environments with abundant opportunities to teach.
- Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
- Excellent Total compensation and benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
To qualify for consideration, successful candidates will possess the following:
- Five (5) years' experience as a practicing Neurology Physician.
- Three (3) years' documented educational and/or administrative experience as a faculty member in an ACGME-accredited Neurology Residency Program.
- Demonstrated leadership in teaching; experience in community-engaged health care research.
- Ability to recruit faculty members both from within our training program and beyond.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of California prior to the start of appointment.
Live in a Top-Rated City!
Stockton, CA offers an excellent quality of life for its residents. The city has a number of beautiful residential communities along waterways, with single-family homes costing about one-third the price of homes in the Bay Area. With over 100,000 trees, Stockton has been recognized by Sunset Magazine as the "Best Tree City" in the western United States. Stockton was designated an “All-America City” by the National Civic League.
Interested? If so, let’s chat!
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. All inquiries should be sent to Elaine Auerbach: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Elaine Auerbach, MBA, MPH
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5259 – Direct
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Dignity Health has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Department of GME. Dignity Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).
Apply for Neurology Residency Program Director for New Program in Northern California
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly