Ochsner Seeks Epileptologists with Surgery Experience to Join Expanding Practice
4 days left
- Full Time
Ochsner Health and the Ochsner Neuroscience Institute is actively recruiting BC/BE NEUROLOGISTS, FELLOWSHIP TRAINED IN EPILEPSY to join our expanding practice. Epilepsy surgery experience is preferred, and leadership opportunities exist.
This is a great opportunity to practice neurology in a collegial and patient-focused environment. Academic appointments are available at our affiliated institutions, including Tulane, LSU, and the University of Queensland. Both newly trained and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
About Ochsner Neurology
The Department of Neurology has a complement of over 40 Neurologists system-wide with subspecialty representation in stroke, neurocritical care, interventional neurology, neuromuscular disease, movement disorders, epilepsy, MS, headache, cognitive disorders, sleep, traumatic brain injury and sports neurology.
The Department of Neurology is a member of the Ochsner Neuroscience Institute, ranked as one of the top 50 Neuroscience Centers by the U.S. News and World Report rankings. The Ochsner Neuroscience Institute has the only comprehensive stroke center and one of the largest comprehensive spine centers in the region. We have the largest Neuro-ICU consisting of 40 beds, epilepsy center of excellence with EMU monitoring unit and one of the busiest movement disorder programs in the region.
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient, and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner’s Epilepsy Program
• One of only 3 facilities in Louisiana accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center – the highest possible designation by the NAEC
• The only comprehensive epilepsy monitoring unit in Louisiana that is accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC).
• The only hospital system in the region to use Visualase® - MRI-Guided Laser Ablation Technology for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery. This is one of the industry’s newest surgical treatment options for epilepsy.
• Epilepsy during pregnancy is treated by our neurology team in collaboration with the obstetric team.
• Our epileptologists are actively engaged in research and present their work at national and international scientific meetings.
• Ochsner is top-ranked in Louisiana for Medical Excellence in Neurological Care, and ranks as #11 in the nation for neurological care, according to CareChex
• U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best Hospitals listing ranks Ochsner as Top 50 in the nation for neurology and neurosurgery, and Ochsner Medical Center is the only hospital in the state ranked for neurology care and is the #1 hospital in Louisiana.
• Ochsner is named as a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence by Healthgrades, which placed Ochsner in the top 5 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
Apply for Ochsner Seeks Epileptologists with Surgery Experience to Join Expanding Practice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly