Vascular Neurology- Inpatient/Outpatient Split
Vascular Neurology Opportunity – Akron, OH
Summa Health Medical Group is seeking a physician to join our growing Neurology Service at the Summa Health Neurosciences Institute. Summa Health Medical Group is a subsidiary of Summa Health System, which is comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, making it one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. The medical group has nearly 400 unified, high performing physicians, aligned to create a healthier Northeastern Ohio community. The selected candidate will split time between inpatient and outpatient setting at Summa Health- Barberton Campus.
- Board Certification/Board Eligibility - Neurology
- Neuro Stroke trained, preferred
- A current unrestricted license or the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in Ohio
- Willingness to participate in teaching, lectures, resident sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as signing bonus, loan assistance, relocation, and CME allowance
- Monday through Friday schedule offering excellent work/life balance
- Outpatient practice with associated neurophysiology lab that is fully staffed
- Part of a growing, multi-specialty neurology team with aggressive 3 year work force plan
- Inpatient coverage includes neuro-hospitalist, neurocritical care and stroke, providing continuous support of outpatient neurology emergency and inpatient needs
- Research and innovation, along with teaching opportunities available
- Large, established, referral base within the medical group, ACO and community partners
- Extensive laboratory and radiology services in-house
- Academic Appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available to qualified applicants
- Epic System’s EMR
Akron is located approximately 35 miles south of Cleveland. With a wonderful array of sights and attractions, accommodations and restaurants, meeting and convention facilities, and countless recreational activities, Akron/Summit County offers family fun and excitement. Known internationally as home to LeBron James, the Black Keys and the Firestone Country Club, the Akron area boasts a pristine national park, 100 miles of hike/bike trails, affordable and diverse housing, downtown and suburban living, and two universities. Akronites also have easy access to Lake Erie and two nearby airports making travel a breeze. The greater Akron area is a welcoming community rich in cultural diversity, history and heritage. It offers big-city amenities with a hometown feel and is located in one of America’s most affordable metropolitan areas.
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please call Sarah Beaver, Physician Recruiter at 234-312-6286 or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.