Director of Brain Health and Memory Center Opportunity at University Hospitals
The Brain Health and Memory Center (BHAM) of the Department of Neurology in the Neurological Institute at University Hospitals is a national leader and heavily vested in programmatic expansion. We are looking to recruit faculty members at the level of Assistant Professor or higher to join our world-renowned faculty to contribute to the UH mission of commitment to clinical care, funded research, and education. To Heal. To Teach. To Discover.
BHAM is a clinical and academic center for treating all aspects of cognitive and neurodegenerative disorders with a world-renowned faculty in Alzheimer’s disease, Prion disorders, Vascular and Frontotemporal Dementia, and active participation in innovative research. Key elements of the program include:
- Recognized Center of Excellence in the Neurological Institute at University Hospitals.
- NIH-funded Cleveland Alzheimers Disease Research Center with UH faculty as Core Leaders for Clinical, Neuropathology, Outreach- Recruitment- Engagement, and Translational Therapeutics research.
- Multidisciplinary Memory Disorders Clinic with comprehensive services from neurology, psychiatry, diagnostic and therapeutic Neuropsychology, clinical and research nurses, Advance Practice Providers, full-time Social Workers, in close collaboration with Geriatrics and the largest primary care network in the region serving 1.4 million lives.
- Specialty clinics for Frontotemporal Dementia, ALS- Dementia, and Huntington’s disease, a unique Cognitive Rehabilitation Program, and a nationally known Concussion Management Program.
- Behavioral Neurology/ Neuropsychiatry Fellowship, Neuropsychology Fellowship, and teaching opportunities in the 2nd largest neurology residency program in the country.
- BHAM faculty with leadership roles: Steering Committee of the Alzheimer’s Clinical Trials Consortium and Medical Director of the National Prion Disease Pathology Surveillance Center for the CDC.
- Close collaborations with the CWRUSOM Department of Neuroscience, Cleveland Brain Health Initiative, and the CWRUSOM Department of Population and Quantitative Health Science.
Position responsibilities include a leading role in clinical care and active participation in the educational and research programs. Faculty academic appointments at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (CWRUSOM) will be at the assistant or associate professor level commensurate with experience, credentials, and leadership roles. Academic career ambition is encouraged and supported with structured career mentorship and leadership training. Candidates must have completed a neurology residency, be board-eligible/board-certified, and accomplished in clinical care, education and research.
Located along beautiful Lake Erie and filled with tremendous opportunities for families and individuals alike, Cleveland is a perfect place to call home. Enjoy Ohio’s second-largest city, its excellent schools, and low cost of living.
- A culturally rich and diverse community offering immediate big-city amenities, including an international airport and an array of shopping, dining, entertainment, and professional sports teams
- A thriving arts scene includes a world-renowned museum of art, the largest performing arts center outside of New York, and one of the top five orchestras in the world
- An abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, lakefront activities, and golfing
- Housing is available in urban or suburban locations with multiple independent schools and highly ranked public schools, including a challenging international baccalaureate program.
University Hospitals is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Alyssa Barraza at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269and reference NEUR-130566
Apply for Director of Brain Health and Memory Center Opportunity at University Hospitals
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly