THE OCHSNER NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE IS RECRUITING BC/BE NEUROHOSPITALIST FOR EXPANDING PRACTICE
THE OCHSNER NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE
IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING BC/BE NEUROHOSPITALIST
TO JOIN OUR EXPANDING PRACTICE
Opportunities exist at our facilities located in Covington, LA providing coverage at St. Tammany Parish Hospital for BC/BE GENERAL NEUROHOSPITALIST.
- Hospital Medicine was established at Ochsner in 1992. We have a stable 50+ member group
- Call Coverage at our Northshore partner Facility, St. Tammany Parish Hospital in Covington, LA
- 7 on 7 off block schedule with flexibility
- Consult only service—no primary patients
- Dedicated Hospitalists and nocturnists cover nights
- Base plus up to 40K in incentives
- Tele stroke covers any stroke codes and tPA decisions.
- Continuous EEG monitoring is available
- E-ICU intensivist support with open ICUs at the community hospitals
- EPIC medical record system with remote access capabilities
- Dedicated RN and Social Work Clinical Care Coordinators
- Community based academic appointment
- Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence award in 3 medical specialties
- Co-hosts of the annual Southern Hospital Medicine Conference
- We are a medical school in partnership with the University of Queensland providing clinical training to third- and fourth-year students
- Leadership support focused on professional development, quality improvement, and academic committees & projects
- Opportunities for leadership development, research, resident and medical student teaching
- Paid malpractice coverage and a favorable malpractice environment in Louisiana
- Generous compensation and benefits package
This is a great opportunity to practice neurology in a collegial and patient-focused environment. Academic appointments are available at our affiliated institutions, including Tulane, LSU, and the University of Queensland. Both newly trained and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
The Department of Neurology has a complement of over 40 neurologists system-wide with subspecialty representation in stroke, neurocritical care, interventional neurology, neuromuscular disease, movement disorders, epilepsy, MS, headache, cognitive disorders, sleep, traumatic brain injury and sports medicine. We are a Top 50 Neuroscience Center in the latest US News and World Report rankings.
As a suburb of New Orleans, the Northshore is known for the many festivals, parks, and community events throughout the year. Additionally, St. Tammany Parish is ranked #1 in the state for its outstanding, award winning school system. The North Shore offers an entire network of advanced healthcare services with over 200 physicians and 70 APPs who deliver integrated care at our multiple North Shore locations
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Interested physicians should apply to: https://ochsner.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/OchsnerPhysician/job/Covington---Northshore-Region---Louisiana/Neurohospitalist-on-the-North-Shore-of-New-Orleans---Physician-Opportunity_REQ_00065985
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Apply for THE OCHSNER NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE IS RECRUITING BC/BE NEUROHOSPITALIST FOR EXPANDING PRACTICE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly