Stroke Director for Allegheny Health Network
The Allegheny Health Network (AHN), Neuroscience Institute is recruiting a full time Vascular Neurologist to serve as a Stroke Medical Director at our Comprehensive Stroke Center located at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh PA.
- Skilled clinician with Vascular Neurology Fellowship training to manage inpatient stroke service, participate in Telestroke service coverage, and staff outpatient vascular neurology clinics
- Serve as a Physician leader in a multi-specialty group practice and health care system
- Stroke Director is responsible for day to day operations at the site and is accountable for clinical, professional, administrative, education, research and quality issues
- Involved in establishing and managing hospital’s cerebrovascular program KPI performance, developing new initiatives as part of the Stroke Care Path and process improvement plans, safety and outcomes, and resource allocation within the stroke program
- Participate in the training and education of neurology residents
- Be a team player and active participant in the development and growth of the cerebrovascular program at the health network
- Assist with the maintenance and expansion of stroke certification status for all AHN network hospitals
- Assist with the expansion of the AHN Telestroke program
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Vascular Neurology
- Pennsylvania License
- Vascular Neurology Fellowship
AHN Proudly Offers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Who we are:
Nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems serving Western PA, WV and Eastern OH – nine diverse hospitals, 247 health care facilities and growing! Our not-for-profit, physician-led organization is a subsidiary of Highmark Health, the second largest integrated health care delivery and financing system in the nation.
Allegheny Health Network (AHN) has a total of 6 Joint Commission certified stroke centers including the Comprehensive Stroke Center at Allegheny General Hospital in the city of Pittsburgh and 5 Primary Stroke Center hospitals (PSCs) located around western Pennsylvania. At Allegheny General Hospital, we care for more than 2,500 cerebrovascular patients each year. Our acute stroke response teams use the InTouch platform for Telestroke consultations to support our AHN PSCs and physicians treating acute strokes in community hospitals throughout western Pennsylvania. Our AHN stroke centers leverage RAPID software for CTA and CTP imaging. In addition to our Neuroscience Institute housing the departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery, we also have a Neuroscience Research Center home to multiple cerebrovascular research studies such as CHARM and ENRICH.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and exciting city, offering diverse culture, world-class arts and music, prestigious colleges and universities, proximity to state and local recreational parks, and a nationally-recognized culinary scene. It is home to major sports teams as well as key players within an ever-growing tech industry. Pittsburgh was named Zagat’s Top Food Town for 2015, and is recognized as one of the ‘most livable cities’ in the United States by Forbes and The Economist. Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape, rivers and bridges, and affordable cost of living make it an attractive option for both individuals and families