Stroke Neurologist / Neurohospitalist
6 days left
This role is to be based on a 7 Day on and 7 Day off scheduling model and will provide Inpatient Neurohospitalist coverage to our Comprehensive Stroke Programs.
Location: Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis, MN). Full and Part-time Practice opportunities available.
Additional Practice Opportunities at United Hospital (St. Paul, MN) and Mercy Hospital (Coon Rapids) as part of the John Nasseff Neuroscience Specialty Clinic- this is a hybrid model of Telestroke and Inpatient Neurohospitalist also based on a 7 Day on 7 Day off model- 100% Telestroke is NOT an option.
Questions can be directed to Regina.Newton@allina.com
Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Provide care for neurological emergencies, critical care neurology, and neurological complications of other systemic disease.
- Direct Patient Care
- Provides care for neurological emergencies, critical care neurology, and neurological complications of other systemic disease.
- Uses vascular neurology expertise to treat stroke patients.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Neurology or foreign equivalent training. required and
Stroke Fellowship preferred, but Stroke Program experience acceptable required
- Less than 2 years of demonstrated experience in designated specialty area required and
- Less than 2 years of Telemedicine experience preferred
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire and
- ACLS/BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required upon hire and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required