4 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Neurology at the University of California, Davis, School of Medicine is recruiting a mid-level/senior clinical epileptologist with expertise in surgical epilepsy to join an established epilepsy group. The successful applicant will provide leadership of the comprehensive epilepsy program and lead the growth of the surgical epilepsy program.
Primary responsibilities of the position include effective leadership; faculty mentoring and evaluation; program development; inpatient and outpatient clinical care; teaching medical students, residents and epilepsy fellows; developing research and creative work; and providing university/public service.
Clinical duties encompass the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy and seizures; clinical pre-surgical epilepsy evaluations; performing phase I and phase II epilepsy monitoring unit investigations; review and interpretation of adult and pediatric routine and continuous EEG monitoring; and intraoperative cranial neurophysiologic monitoring.
The position is offered in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor (HSCP) or Clinical Neurology series at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank commensurate with experience.
The UC Davis Department of Neurology and UC Davis Health teaching hospital are nationally ranked in US News & World Report. The incumbent will deliver care at our Neurology outpatient and neurophysiology clinic and UC Davis Medical Center. UC Davis is an NAEC Level 4 Epilepsy Center. The department continues to expand with 66 faculty across all neurological specialties with excellent nursing, staff, neuropsychology, social work, and pharmacological support.
• The individual must possess a MD, DO or MD/PhD
• California medical license or licensure eligibility
• Board certified in Neurology or Child Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and board certified in Epilepsy and/or Clinical Neurophysiology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
• Administrative experience in an academic environment
• Demonstrated strong communication and leadership skills
• Experience with surgical epilepsy and outpatient, inpatient, and ICU neurology.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment; adhere to policies and procedures; and provide University/public service.
• For the Clinical Neurology series, the ability and experience to conduct scholarly/clinical/translational research and a record of publications in peer reviewed journals is required.
• Completion of fellowship training in epilepsy or clinical neurophysiology (epilepsy track)
• For the Clinical Neurology series, evidence of success in obtaining extramural funding and/or administering clinical trials.
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by March 31, 2021. However, the position will be open until filled through February 10, 2022. Interested applicants should submit: 1) cover letter with a summary of objectives and goals; 2) curriculum vita; 3) Statement of Contributions to Diversity; and, 4) names of three references including addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
All materials must be submitted using the following application link: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF03869
To learn more about the Department of Neurology at UC Davis, please visit: https://health.ucdavis.edu/neurology/
UC Davis commits to inclusion excellence by advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain UCD positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidate to pass an E-Verify check. More information is available http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
UC Davis is a smoke & tobacco-free campus (http://breathefree.ucdavis.edu/)