Adult Sport Neurology/Traumatic Brain Injury
Adult Sport Neurology/Traumatic Brain Injury Academic Research Neurologist
Barrow Concussion and Brain Injury Center
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) in Phoenix, Arizona, is an internationally recognized leader in neurology and neurosurgery, with subspecialty clinics in headache, concussion, neuro-ophthalmology, neuro-oncology, neuro-otology, movement disorders, neuromuscular diseases, stroke, cerebrovascular and cognitive disorders, drawing patients from the entire United States, Mexico, Canada, and worldwide.
Join a Neurology Department comprised of approximately 50 faculty members representing nearly all neurology subspecialties, many active in clinical research; vibrant neurology Residency program; and subspecialty Fellowships, including Epilepsy, Neurovascular/Stroke, ALS, Movement Disorders, Neuromuscular disease and Clinical Neurophysiology.
- BNI's Concussion and Brain Injury Center's rapidly expanding sport neurology practice offers comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for sport and non-sport related traumatic brain injury.
- Outpatient clinic >50% of workweek including new patients, follow-up, and teaching.Train Residents and Neurology Fellows.
- Concussion and Brain Injury team currently includes 3 faculty physicians, neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry, and 2 medical assistants who are all focused on exceeding patient expectations and providing quality, comprehensive care.
- Clinical researcher and/or translational researcher is preferred and will be supported.
- Division includes outpatient large, state-of the-art facilities, and an established network of resources including dedicated outpatient neurology infusion center; neuro-ophthalmology, neuro-endocrinology, neurosurgery, social work, neuro-psychology/psychiatry and therapies; social work; physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
- Academic title appointments with the University Of Arizona College Of Medicine Phoenix and with the Creighton University School of Medicine.
- BNI academic rank of Assistant, Associate, or full Professor will match applicant’s qualifications.
Candidates must be Board certified or eligible in Neurology, and Fellowship trained in Sport Neurology/ Traumatic Brain Injury or record of traumatic brain injury/ sport neurology care (>2 years).
BNI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes a relocation allowance.
Please send a letter of interest along with your CV via email to: Jeremy M. Shefner, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Neurology Chair, Senior Vice President Barrow Neurological Institute to: Patricia.Rains@DignityHealth.org.