Academic Medical Center is seeking Stroke and Neuromuscular Sub-Specialists!
The Department of Neurology is a strong, growing department and has a complement of 32 adult neurologists, who see over 1,200 in-patient and 20,000 outpatient cases each year. The basic science and clinical research programs are rapidly expanding, and include outstanding programs in epilepsy, stroke, ALS, and other neurological conditions. Additionally, the neurologists in this group supervise a class of 4 residents per year, as well as fellows in vascular neurology, clinical neurophysiology, and neuromuscular diseases. They are seeking subspecialists in stroke, neuromuscular diseases, movement disorders, and epilepsy at this time.
Medical Center Details:
- 551 beds;
- 31-bed Neuro-ICU (4 beds on the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit)
- Level 1 trauma center
- Over 65,000 emergency room visits per year
- Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center;
- Home to 254,000 square-foot Biomedical Research Building
- Recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus award for six consecutive years
- 2013 there were over 27,000 admissions, 27,000 surgical cases, and more than 893,000 outpatient visits
- More than 1,100 primary and specialist physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Individuals with basic or clinical research experience are welcome and will be well supported;
- Opportunities for neurology resident and fellow teaching;
- 100% subspecialized practice outside of call, which is only a general call for 2 weeks a year!
- Competitive academic compensation
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- The opening is due to retirement in the department
- Join a team of seven vascular neurologists and 4 neurosurgeons
- Teach residents and stroke fellows
- Support for research interests
- Support for basic science and clinical research
- Teach neuromuscular fellows
- Dedicated ALS Center
- Sophisticated Neurophysiology Lab
- 4-Bed EMU
- Neurosurgeon doing epilepsy surgeries
- Join Epilepsy Division of 3 epileptologists and 1 APC
- Opportunities to teach residents and neurophysiology fellows
- Opportunities for protected research time
Movement Disorders Highlights:
- Providing BOTOX, DBS, and Baclofen pumps
- Support for clinical research
This city boasts great schools, a low crime rate, an abundance of dining, shopping, and entertainment options, as well as reasonable proximity to several major U.S. cities.
Check out all of our positions here!