Doctor of Neurology
Job Purpose: Ongoing assessment and monitoring of neurologic function via neurophysiologic studies.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- A thorough understanding of the human nervous system, as well as potential disorders.
- Working knowledge of the main therapeutic treatments, medications and surgeries available to patients with a variety of neurologic disorders.
- Conducts and supervises direct patient care, including neurophysiologic studies such as IONM, EEG, SSEP, and EMG.
- Plans and executes disease prevention and health promotion programs.
- Exercises command of medical units as provided by law and regulations.
- Conduct medical research on new injuries or diseases, and conducts, supervises, and participates in medical education and training of other medical personnel.
- Participates in on-call schedule in a responsive and timely manner if applicable
- Provides outpatient consultation and hospital consultation services.
- Maintains CME units based on the requirements of the specifying Board.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills/bedside manner
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must be understanding, caring, and patient at all times
- Ability to multitask
- Must be flexible in carrying out his/her duties.
- Knowledge of methods and equipment used in neurophysiologic studies.
- Completion of a residency in Neurology
- Current and valid state medical license as an MD or DO
- Valid DEA certificate
- Board Certified or BE
Compensation: $285,000 with bonus based on productivity
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Environmental Conditions: Medical Office
- Must be able to work as scheduled – typically from 8:00 – 5:00 M-F
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to bend, stoop and stretch