Vascular Neurologist- Summa Health, Akron, OH
Vascular Neurology Opportunity – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health Medical Group is seeking an inpatient stroke neurologist to join our growing Neurology Service at the Summa Health Neurosciences Institute.
Summa Health Medical Group is a subsidiary of Summa Health System, which is comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, making it one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. The medical group has nearly 400 unified, high performing physicians, aligned to create a healthier Northeastern Ohio community.
• Board certification and/or eligibility in Neurology
• Board certification and/or eligibility in Vascular Neurology
• A current unrestricted license or the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in Ohio
• Willingness to participate in teaching, lectures, resident sessions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
• Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as signing bonus, loan assistance, relocation, and CME allowance
• Support staff with APP
• Closed model ICU with dedicated neuro intensive care service
• Extensive laboratory and radiology services in-house
• Opportunity to participate in research and innovation
• Shared Telestroke call rotation + additional, shared compensation
• First hospital in OH to be awarded the Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
• Academic Appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available to qualified applicants
• Epic System’s EMR
Akron is located approximately 35 miles south of Cleveland. With a wonderful array of sights and attractions, accommodations and restaurants, meeting and convention facilities, and countless recreational activities, Akron/Summit County offers family fun and excitement. Known internationally as home to LeBron James, the Black Keys and the Firestone Country Club, the Akron area boasts a pristine national park, 100 miles of hike/bike trails, affordable and diverse housing, downtown and suburban living, and two universities. Akronites also have easy access to Lake Erie and two nearby airports making travel a breeze. The greater Akron area is a welcoming community rich in cultural diversity, history and heritage. It offers big-city amenities with a hometown feel and is located in one of America’s most affordable metropolitan areas.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
Apply for Vascular Neurologist- Summa Health, Akron, OH
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly