The Department of Pediatrics at East Tennessee State University (ETSU), Quillen College of Medicine, and Medical Education Assistance Corporation (MEAC) are seeking one full-time BC/BE Child Neurologist to join our large collegial group of pediatricians and pediatric specialty physicians in clinical care. You will work in a new pediatric clinic and a beautiful pediatric hospital with a warm, child and family friendly environment, emerging to be one of the region’s largest tertiary referral centers.
- Established Pediatric Subspecialty Clinic representing 9 specialties
- 24-bed Pediatric Inpatient Unit staffed by 7 Pediatric Hospitalists
- 10-bed PICU
- Level III 39-bed NICU
- 24 hour EEG tech availability and remote EEG review capability
- Pediatric radiology, orthopedics, and genetics available
- Friendly college community is a great place to raise a family near the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains.
Other considerations for this position
- The position is at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
- Completion of child neurology fellowship is required at time of hire.
- While completion of epilepsy fellowship is not required, comfort with reading pediatric EEGs including neonatal, routine studies, ambulatory studies, and prolonged inpatient studies is required.
- This is a non-tenure, clinical track position.
- Academic responsibilities include teaching of medical students and pediatric residents as well as academic pursuits.
- Clinical responsibilities include providing clinical care at Niswonger Children’s Hospital, reading EEGs, and outpatient pediatric neurology clinic.
- Must be willing to assist in supervision of already trained pediatric neurology nurse practitioner.
- Competitive salary and benefit package; contingent on external funding
We are located just west of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and the area offers excellent schools, a low cost of living and a wealth of outdoor activities. Johnson City is ranked the #14 “Best Small Place for Business and Careers” in the USA by Forbes, and #5 in Kiplinger’s list of "The 10 Least-Expensive Cities For Living in the U.S.A.”
ETSU is an AA/EOE employer. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment and contribution to fostering and advancing equity, diversity and inclusion.