Director of Neurology
Director of Neurology
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals' wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health+ Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island, located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
We are currently seeking a Director of Neurology to work full-time in the Department of Medicine.
- Administrative management of the Neurology Division for the Department of Medicine, including quality assurance and attainment of facility driven performance targets
- Provide clinical care in an inpatient and outpatient setting
- Inpatient and outpatient consultation in general neurology
- Provide resident and medical education and participate in scholarship
- Provide clinical guidance and direction to other members of the healthcare team as needed.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for staff working in the division
- Clinically lead our stroke service and supervise our stroke coordinator
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the department Chairperson
- Active, Unrestricted NYS License
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Neurology (ABMS)
- Five (5) years of experience as an Attending Neurologist and educator preferred
- Administrative experience preferred
- Collegial demeanor
- Experience attending to an underserved population preferred
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates please send a copy of your CV to Lea Power Carpenter, Director, Talent Acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at:
Physician Affiliate Group of New York
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.