Neurology Opportunity on Florida's West Coast - Outpatient Only and Great Work-life Balance!
BayCare Medical Group (BMG) is a physician-led medical group seeking a fellowship-trained Movement Disorders Neurologist to join our established team at Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, Florida. Our team consists of two neurologists and one nurse practitioner.
- We are interested in applicants who enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
- Must be willing to see general neurology patients while building a Movement Disorders practice.
- The opportunity is outpatient only.
- Existing patient volume is available to establish a busy practice quickly.
- Our Neuroscience Program is dedicated to the comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with a wide variety of neurological disorders.
- The practice is located on the Morton Plant Hospital campus, a 687-bed facility, allowing convenient access to the hospital.
- Experienced candidates or new graduates are welcome to apply.
The Neurosciences Institute at Morton Plant Hospital combines the advanced medical specialties of neurology and neurosurgery to create a strong medical advantage in the treatment of brain, spinal cord, nervous disorders and stroke.
The Neuroscience Institute offers a variety of clinics to help patients resume daily activities and pursue an active lifestyle:
As the first program of its kind in our community, the Neurosciences Institute has been leading the way in neuroscience care:
- Morton Plant Hospital was the first hospital on the west coast of Florida to have a complete stereotaxy program for accurate localization and excision of brain and spinal cord lesions.
- Morton Plant Hospital's stroke services program is capable of the most recent, early intervention treatment of stroke, and is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV GL Healthcare.
- Morton Plant is one of the few hospitals in the area to offer interventional neuroradiology.
- Our comprehensive spine program offers minimally invasive spine surgery, allowing for a faster recovery and less pain for patients.
- We offer innovative treatment options for aneurysm and AVM
BayCare Medical Group (BMG) is the largest multispecialty group in Tampa Bay and part of BayCare Health System which is both locally and nationally recognized as a Great Place to Work®, ranked no. 6 in the nation by People Companies That Care® 2020 and Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®. We foster a forward-thinking culture that's revolutionizing health care.
BayCare Health System is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization located throughout four counties on the central Gulf Coast of Florida with a network comprised of 15 hospitals with services including imaging, lab, behavioral health, home health care and urgent care. Our priority is connecting patients to a complete range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for any health care need, throughout their lifetime.
Tampa Bay and the west central Gulf Coast of Florida are great places not only to work, but also to live, play and grow. We’re home to welcoming neighbors, growing and dynamic communities, and outstanding schools, colleges and universities. Golfing, fishing, boating/kayaking, shelling, biking, sunbathing, and viewing the sunset from one of America’s top beaches are just a few of the reasons why people love this area. Tampa Bay is home to many professional sports teams including the Tampa Bay Rays® (MLB®), Tampa Bay Buccaneers® (NFL®) Tampa Bay Lightning® (NHL®) and Tampa Bay Rowdies® (NASL®). Discover exciting exhibits at local museums and enjoy listening to the Florida Orchestra at several local venues. Experience the excitement at Busch Gardens®, Adventure Island® and LEGOLAND® locally, with Disney World® and Universal Studios® close by in central Florida. It’s all here for you to enjoy.
In the Tampa Bay area, you’ll find a thriving business sector, a strong economy and an average median age of 37. The area is also an affordable place to live with a low cost of living index and no state income tax. Additionally, the area offers a strong public-school system, a wide variety of private schools, and many local colleges and universities for educational development.
- Competitive compensation and performance incentive
- CME allowance
- Excellent insurance and retirement plans
- Position requires: Board Certification or Eligibility by The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Apply for Neurology Opportunity on Florida's West Coast - Outpatient Only and Great Work-life Balance!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly