Opportunity for a Medical Director of Neurology at a Growing Healthcare System in North Carolina
A large healthcare system in North Carolina is seeking a Medical Director of Neurology. This opening is due to exciting programmatic growth!
Applicants should be board certified and have at least 5 years of clinical experience. Candidates with subspecialty interest or fellowship training in Movement Disorder, Epilepsy, Neuromuscular, Headache, or MS would be especially welcomed, though experienced neurologists with any subspecialty interests are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will assist with the recruitment of an outpatient neurology team and provide oversight into all aspects of the development of outpatient neurology services.
The flagship hospital is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, they have been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. It is also the only JACHO accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center in Eastern North Carolina.
The multi-specialty physician group employs more than 500 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Their Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient-and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
- 100% outpatient position. Nurse triages patient calls at night and if appropriate, calls the physician on-call. The patient call is shared equally among outpatient neurologists.
- Established neuroscience team of 8 neurosurgeons including 2 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, outpatient neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Large referral network including over 100 Medical Group practices and 8 hospitals
- The Medical Center is home to a newly expanded 24-bed NSICU led by a Neurointensivist as well as a CARF rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental &; Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
Check out all of our positions here!