The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) Department of Neurology is seeking critical care neurologists at the Assistant or Associate Professor levels due to expansion of the OU Medical Center (OUMC) Neurosciences ICU (NSICU). All candidates must be eligible for an Oklahoma state medical license (MD or DO), have completed residency training in neurology at an ACGME-certified institution and fellowship training in neurocritical care, be board certified in neurology, and be board certified or eligible in neurocritical care. International medical graduates are encouraged to apply.
- 511-bed adult hospital with only academic neuroscience program in the state
- NSICU expanding from 12 to 25 beds, 1 to 2 teams
- NSICU staffing includes attending, advanced practice providers, neurology residents, neurosurgery residents, and pulmonology fellows
- The Joint Commission Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Level IV Epilepsy Center
- Level I Trauma Center
- Teleneurology program
- 7-day shifts
- Collegial environment
- Teaching and research opportunities
- Institution contributes additional 8-9% of salary toward retirement benefits
- Children on faculty health insurance receive free undergraduate tuition at OU
- Oklahoma City – convenient, medium-size town with cultural amenities, low cost of living, and temperate climate
The University of Oklahoma is an EO/AA Institution http://www.ou.edu/eoo/. Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.