Neurologist or Physiatrist
CNS provides post-acute medical treatment, therapeutic rehabilitation, and disease management services for people who endure traumatic and acquired brain injuries. Since inception 40 years ago our goal has been to facilitate skill re-acquisition and restore patients to a meaningful life.
CNS teaches life skills to brain injured people, helping them to achieve independence. Each brain injury is unique, and each patient’s treatment plan is tailored to their needs. Core skills are taught in our clinics, then practiced in our residential program. Patients learn to cook, clean, live safely and adopt appropriate behaviors. Everyone involved in the patient’s recovery is updated regularly on behavior, medications, therapy, and milestones. Outcome is important to us, and we ensure progress by offering intensive therapies that transform lives.
Our mission is to reduce disability, maximize independence, and achieve the maximum possible quality of life for patients who have suffered a brain injury.
Our vision is to be a world leader in medical treatment, rehabilitation, and disease management for individuals with brain injury, while pursuing and advancing the best clinical treatment, education, and research.
We promise to deliver the highest quality patient-centered care and brain injury rehabilitation for a patient’s return to a more meaningful life.
We are hiring a Neurologist or Physiatrist to join our existing top-notch team. Enjoy a culture of care that is evidence based, patient centered and highly collaborative. Multi-disciplinary team includes nurse practitioners, nursing staff, physical, occupational and speech therapists, counselors, dieticians, and more.
Work is primarily conducted Monday through Friday from 7:30am-4:30pm, with “on call phone calls” rotation time evenings and weekends.
Neuroksills.com and our facebook site are a great place to get a feel for who and what we are.
Responsibilities for Neurologist or Physiatrist (aka PM&R)
(who specialize in NeuroRehablitation)
- Perform physical and neurological examination of patients who are suffering from neurological disorders
- Order diagnostic tests such as blood tests, spinal fluid tests, and imaging tests such as MRIs
- Diagnose conditions and disorders based on physical and cognitive exams, and test results
- Develop treatment plans, and manage and adapt treatment of patients depending on progress
- Communicate with nurses, therapy staff, case managers, and directors of rehabilitation to ensure patients receive best possible care
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in area of expertise
- Communicate treatment plans and home care instructions to patients
- May participate in neuroscience research activities
- Participate in continuing education activities to maintain and expand competency for self and other CNS staff
Qualifications for Neurologist
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
- Must have completed residency training
- Must have current valid and unrestricted license in California
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to empathize with others
- Must possess high level of self-confidence and be able to direct others
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask may read multiple cases at once
- Must have stamina and ability to remain calm under pressure and in rapidly changing situations
- Board Certified
- Fellowship in clinical neurophysiology preferred
- Knowledge of laws that regulates communication and privacy act. HIPAA laws and understanding of the application of all above.
- DEA prescriptive authority required.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Neurologist or Physiatrist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly