Assistant/ Associate Professor (MD) Department of Medicine
Assistant/ Associate Professor (MD)
Department of Medicine
Morehouse School of Medicine is leading the creation and advancement of health equity and is currently recruiting for its Neurology Clinical Division.
Engage in teaching, research, and clinical service in the field of Neurology. Participate in the teaching programs in the Department of Medicine. Engage in patient care activities consistent with the department’s needs and the faculty member's interests. Assume administrative duties such as serving on institutional committees and assisting with the Internal Medicine Residency Program and/or the Clerkships.
- Provide medical student and resident supervision in the outpatient clinics and supervision of Medicine and Psychiatry residents during neurology consultations
- Serve on department, institutional, and community-based committees
- Provide clinical responsibilities and patient care at Grady Memorial Hospital (800 bed facility) or other affiliated sites as assigned
- Assist with resident recruitment, including interviewing candidates and completing resident evaluations
- May serve a Course Director for undergraduate medical education courses
- May participate in research opportunities with the Department of Neurobiology where programs in genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, single cell patch clamp neurophysiology, and epilepsy neurophysiology are well established.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MD degree
- Georgia Medical License
- Board Certification in Neurology
- Experience in medical student and/or resident teaching
- Experience in movement disorders and neuroimmunology/multiple sclerosis
Chairman of Medicine