A Behavioral Neurologist & Division Head of Behavioral Neurology Desired at Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Medical Group’s Department of Neurology is seeking two Neurologists (Behavioral Neurologist & a Division Head of Behavioral Neurology) to join our multi-disciplinary team as part of the new Henry Ford Center for Cognitive Health. Henry Ford’s Neuroscience Institute is one of the largest and most active in the Midwest, offering the most advanced neurologic medical and surgical therapies across all the major subspecialties. Details regarding both opportunities are listed below:
The Behavioral Neurologist position offers opportunities to:
- Utilize the latest tools to diagnose the stages of memory loss and dementia, including PET imaging, genetic testing, EEG, neuropsychology, and cerebrospinal fluid analysis.
- Participate in robust clinical trials across the spectrum of cognitive decline.
- Teach medical students, residents, and fellows as well as protected time for clinical research.
- Must be Board-eligible/Board-certified in Neurology.
- Must have completed an ACGME/AOA approved Neurology residency program.
- Must have completed an ACGME/AOA approved Behavioral or Geriatric Neurology fellowship program.
Division Head of Behavioral Neurology
The Division Head opportunity entails:
- Leading our clinical and research programs in behavioral neurology, aging, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Working on further development of the established Center for Cognitive Health, focusing on early diagnosis and intervention for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Assuming the Paul C. Alandt Endowed Chair of Behavioral Neurology - support efforts towards reducing the burden of dementia and related neurodegenerative conditions.
- Providing visionary leadership to expand our robust clinical trials unit to include government and industry-funded trials in Alzheimer’s disease and related neurodegenerative disorders. The workload will consist of direct patient care and educational endeavors including a teaching role with medical students, Neurology and Psychiatry residents as well as Behavioral Neurology fellows.
- Must be Board-certified in Neurology.
- Must have completed a Behavioral Neurology Fellowship.
- A proven track record of successful, high impact funded clinical research is desired.
If you are interested in either of these opportunities, please forward your CV via email to: Gregory L. Barkley, M.D., c/o Laura Settles via the link in the contact section or at email@example.com. I may also be reached by phone at (313) 282-4747.
Thank you in advance for your consideration,