West Islip, NY * Full Time
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
West Islip, New York
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537-bed teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. Located approximately 40 miles from the heart of New York City, in West Islip, Long Island New York, it is surrounded by a rich culture and history offering a diverse palette of attractions and points of interests. Children benefit from some of the best school districts and recreational activities. From professional sports, white sandy beaches, water activities, museums, golf, hunting and camping, ice skating, cross-country skiing and sledding, whatever the season, Long Island has it all.
Good Samaritan with almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level 2 pediatric trauma center cares for nearly 950,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. We offer Suffolk County’s only free standing Center for Pediatric Specialty Care and provide services for the smallest patients through our Level III Neonatology Unit through adulthood. We also include a separate and designated Pediatric Emergency Department staffed 24/7 by physicians specially trained in pediatric emergency medicine.
In addition to the multiple pediatric specialists and pediatric surgical specialties supporting a robust inpatient unit, PICU and level III NICU, Good Samaritan additionally trains residents within their accredited pediatric residency training program. This allows us to foster a team environment that is focused on evidence-based practice, continued learning and exceptional quality of care. As an integral member of our team, you will provide oversight and supervision of residents in training during their rotation in pediatric neurology. You will have the opportunity to obtain an academic appointment commensurate with your expertise and training. In addition, the development of a robust EEG and video EEG program allows for the evaluation and treatment of patients with specialty specific needs.
- Evaluating and managing infants, children and adolescents with a variety of neurologic concerns, including, but not limited to the inpatient and outpatient consultation and care of patients presenting with seizure disorders, headaches, intracranial lesions, etc.
- Supervising, overseeing and teaching medical students, interns, and residents rotating through the department and division.
- Maintaining high standards and quality of care to the patients cared for
- Promoting high quality, cost effective care based on the best medical evidence
- Participating in data collection to assess patient care and satisfaction studies
- Making best efforts to keep current with developments in pediatrics, medical management and related areas through CME programs, medical literature review and medical staff conferences
Qualified candidates are those that are trained in Pediatric Neurology and Board Certified or Eligible in Neurology. A NYS Physician’s license is required.
Apply for Pediatric Neurologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly