ChristianaCare, the largest healthcare system in Delaware, is recruiting for a full-time Vascular Neurologist to work in our Newark Campus (913 licensed beds) in Newark, DE. This hospital is 45 minutes south of Philadelphia. ChristianaCare is a large community-based teaching healthcare system with 65+ locations employing 12,000 caregivers and 260 residents and fellows.
ChristianaCare Neuroscience Community of Practice is a well-established and expanding division of the ChristianaCare emphasizing quality of patient care, population health, and provider satisfaction and well-being. The current inpatient team includes five board-certified vascular neurologists, two experienced general neurohospitalists and eight experienced nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Our inpatient neurology team works closely with five neurocritical care physicians and four neurointerventional surgeons.
- The inpatient neurologists are responsible for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and management of neurological disease and associated conditions in the inpatient setting.
- Position responsibilities include rotating on consult service and attending on the admitting stroke service, a 22-bed unit.
- The hospital-based neurologists work closely with the neurocritical care team, neurointerventional surgery team, stroke program coordinators and administration, and robust hospitalist services.
- The inpatient neurology service is complemented by more than 10 outpatient neurologists (including specialists in movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, sleep and neuromuscular disorders) who assist with night and weekend coverage.
Why Christiana Care
- ChristianaCare is a high-volume Comprehensive Stroke Center serving four states. We also provide virtual service the Primary Stroke Center at Wilmington Hospital and the Acute Stroke Ready Hospital at the Middletown Emergency Department.
- Recognized for high quality stroke care including the American Heart Association’s Gold Plus Stroke Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award.
- Teaching opportunities available with ChristianaCare residents.
- Our geographic location and low cost of living.
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation, generous paid time off and paid time for CME’s, CME allowance, relocation assistance, 403b Company Match and Defined Contribution Plan.
- BC/BE in Neurology
- BC/BE Vascular Neurologist
- Eligible to obtain a medical license in the state of Delaware
Living in the Delaware Valley:
Due to our location you can live in Delaware, eastern PA, southern NJ or northern MD and still enjoy reasonable commutes. Connected by Amtrak and I95, this region is a hub for excellent restaurants, entertainment and sporting venues, cultural events and some of the nation’s best colleges and universities. You’re within one hour from international airports in Philadelphia, two hours from Washington DC and New York City, and a short drive to the beautiful beach resorts in Delaware, New Jersey and Maryland.