Neurologist – MD/DO
"Haven of the adventurous, home of splendid panoramic scenery”
The Community - Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs had an estimated population of 439,886 in 2013, ranking as the second most populous city in the state of Colorado, behind Denver, and the 41st most populous city in the United States. The Colorado Springs, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area had an estimated population of 678,319 in 2013. The city covers 194.7 square miles (504 km2), making it the most extensive municipality in Colorado. Colorado Springs was selected as the No. 1 Best Big City in "Best Places to Live " by Money magazine in 2006, and placed number one in Outside's 2009 list of America's Best Cities.
Fort Carson (formerly Camp Carson)
Established in 1942, following Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. Camp Carson was named in honor of the legendary Army scout, General Christopher "Kit " Carson, who explored much of the West in the 1800s. Fort Carson's beautiful scenery has made it one of the most requested duty stations in the U.S. Army. It is considered the second most popular CONUS duty station, after Fort Lewis, Washington, and adopted "Best Hometown in the Army " as its motto in 2007. Base population is estimated around 14,000.
The neurologist will be responsible for a wide range of medical duties covering adult neurology with emphasis on neurophysiologic testing and interpretation and evaluation of patients with neuromuscular disorders. Examines patients, orders and evaluates the full range of neurophysiology, radiology and laboratory tests, makes diagnosis and prescribes appropriate treatment to include drugs, plasmapheresis, nursing and dietary care, and ancillary therapies. The neurologist might also evaluate and treat patients with multiple complicated problems who were screened and referred by the Emergency Room for urgent or emergent neurologic issues. The neurologist shall meet or exceed reasonable standards of professional practice for the health care concerned as determined by the authority that governs military medical professionals in the same disciplines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Assist patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers
- Provide consultation and medical supervision to other health care providers (nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, medical students, interns, residents, and fellows).
- Serves as an occasional consultation service for patients admitted to the hospital.
- Provides chart review for quality assurance purposes in the area of neurology if requested on an occasional basis.
- May implement clinical or laboratory research, or deliver medical supervision to house staff performing research.
- Confirm that drugs are stored properly and that adequate records are maintained, to include records of controlled substances classified as such by the Controlled Substance Act (Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970), and/or those designated by the formulary as locally controlled drugs.
- Store, secure, and dispense or dispose of drugs in accordance with standards and state requirements.
- Formulate all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered
- Achieves other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) who has completed an internship and residency in an accredited Neurology Training Program and is board certified or board eligible in Neurology.
- Licensed as a Neurologist with a current valid, full and unrestricted license in one of the 50 states in the United States, and the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Minimum of two years' experience having been continuously employed in the practice of Neurology or in training for the two years prior
- BLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Apply for Neurologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly