Adult Headache Medicine Neurologist
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) in Phoenix, Arizona seeks a full-time Neurologist with interest in Adult Headache Medicine at the academic rank of Assistant, Associate, or full Professor. Join a Neurology Department comprised of approximately 50 faculty members; multidisciplinary programs using full range of treatment modalities to care for patients; a vibrant neurology Residency program and subspecialty Fellowships. Work with an experienced, highly-skilled, and comprehensive team of neurological specialists in BNI's rapidly expanding headache practice.
BNI is a focused neuroscience institute and internationally recognized leader in neurology and neurosurgery, neuroradiology, translational neurobiology, with subspecialty clinics in Epilepsy, Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Otology, Movement Disorders, Neuromuscular diseases, Stroke, Cerebrovascular and Cognitive disorders, drawing patients from the entire United States, Mexico, Canada, and worldwide.
The BNI Jan and Tom Lewis Migraine Treatment team currently includes 3 faculty physicians, a physician assistant, dedicated nurse, program coordinator, 2 medical assistants, who are all focused on exceeding patient expectations and providing quality, comprehensive headache care, multidisciplinary care for CSF leak and idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
- Outpatient clinic including new patients, follow-up, and procedures (including Botox, SPG blocks, nerve blocks, etc.
- Option to do general neurology inpatient teaching rounds with Residents and medical students
- Duties include outpatient clinical care, occasional in-patient consultation, with emphasis on teaching and clinical research.
- Outpatient infusion center for intractable headache protocols and dedicated inpatient unit for headache infusion including DHE, lidocaine and ketamine.
- Division includes outpatient large, state-of the-art facilities, and an established network of resources including dedicated outpatient neurology infusion center, neuro-psychology / psychiatry and therapies; social work; physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
- Academic title appointments with University Of Arizona College Of Medicine Phoenix and Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Medical students from University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix and Creighton University School of Medicine rotate through the department.
Candidates must be Board certified or eligible in Neurology. Fellowship trained in adult Headache Medicine or record of headache care (>2 years).
BNI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes a relocation allowance.
Please send a letter of interest along with your CV via email to: Jeremy M. Shefner, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Neurology Chair, Senior Vice President Barrow Neurological Institute at Patricia.Rains@DignityHealth.org.
Apply for Adult Headache Medicine Neurologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly