9 Hospital System in NC Seeking Additional Neurohospitalist
Vidant Medical Group, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking a neurohospitalist to join its hospital based stroke neurology service at Vidant Medical Center. Applicants should be board certified or board eligible in neurology. Vascular Fellowship training is preferred. Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina. New graduates and Visa candidates are encouraged to apply. Vidant Health is a 9 hospital system serving 29 eastern NC counties and 1.4 million people.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma center
- The existing neuroscience team consists of 9 neurosurgeons, including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, a neuro-oncologist, stroke neurohospitalists, neurologists, a neurointensivist, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- 7 on/7 off or 14 consecutive
- 100% inpatient
- Consultative service
- 1500 stroke admissions annually
- Dedicated inpatient APP support
- Vidant Medical Center is home to a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivist and a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Final Year Fellowship/Residency Stipend, Annual CME Stipend, Relocation Assistance, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k/457b, Medical, Dental, & Vision, Life Insurance
Vidant's Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
Vidant Medical Group
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 500 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Medical Center, one of 4 academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
Apply for 9 Hospital System in NC Seeking Additional Neurohospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly