Academic Neurocognitive Disorders Open Rank
The Department of Neurology at the University of South Alabama is seeking a Neurologist at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor to complement our cognitive disorders program. The USA Department of Neurology has an excellent patient base, with strong research resources, including intracranial and nonlinear brain physiology. Excellent opportunities are available for career development, including collaborative activities, resources and time allocation for research. Salary is competitive with excellent retirement and fringe benefits.
Mobile is a coastal city that offers multiple cultural opportunities and recreation. It is close to beautiful beaches and bays, with very affordable living. Several industries, including Airbus, have expanded in the area, offering robust growth of our economy.
EO/AA Employer - minorities/females/veterans/disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Please contact and send CV to:
Dean K. Naritoku, M.D.
2451 University Hospital Dr., 10F
Mobile, AL 36617
1. Contribute to general neurology coverage by evaluating general neurology patients in clinic and in the hospital on inpatient call. The latter includes stroke call and other neurological emergencies.
2. Participate in the teaching rotations for third year and fourth year medical students through lectures, TBL, and other interactive teaching. Participate in first and second year medical student teaching activities as arranged.
3. Participate in teaching activities for residents including hospital rounds, formal lectures and seminars.
4. Perform accurate and timely evaluations of medical students and residents on neurology rotations.
5. Attend all neurology conferences including grand rounds, faculty meetings, and faculty seminars.
6. Perform all medical staff requirements at USA Health University Hospital and USA Children's and Women's Hospital in a timely manner.
7. Maintain an active scholarly program.
1. Maintain active medical licensure and controlled substances certification for state of Alabama; MD, DO degree.
2. Successful completion of a US Neurology residency with board certification or eligibility by the American Board of Psychiatry Neurology.
3. Successful completion of movement disorders fellowship with ABPN eligibility when available.
Apply for Academic Neurocognitive Disorders Open Rank
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly