Inpatient Stroke Service Director Opportunity with large Texan Metropolitan Medical Center
4 days left
- Full Time
An academic medical center in Texas is recruiting a new director for the inpatient stroke service at its flagship university hospital. The hospital was one of the first stroke centers and was the first comprehensive stroke designated center in Texas. The center sees over 2,500 stroke patients per year, has a 40-year history of leading clinical trials, and runs the largest fellowship program in the nation.
The team is looking for an experienced stroke neurologist to lead the team who has at least five years of experience as an attending physician. They will be in the affiliated University's Department of Neurology and report to the Chief of the Stroke Division. As a part of the department's leadership, the director will also work directly with the Governance Committee and report to the stroke system/institute director. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven record of leadership, and the ability to work with stakeholders in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented approach.
Medical Center Highlights:
- 1,000+-bed Hospital
- Flagship hospital of a 17-hospital system
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Primary teaching hospital
- Level-1 Trauma Center
- 65% clinical and 35% administrative
- Direct two inpatient stroke services, one of which also provides a stroke consult service
- Estimated 18-20 weeks of inpatient clinical service between two inpatient stroke services
- Supervise stroke faculty and inpatient nurse practitioners for their inpatient clinical services
- Help to develop the Stroke database by overseeing quality and performance metrics
- Teaching Opportunities available
- Research Opportunities available
- Represent the stroke service at hospital operational meetings
Check out all of our positions here!
Apply for Inpatient Stroke Service Director Opportunity with large Texan Metropolitan Medical Center
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly