Director of our Alzheimer’s Center at Albany Med
The Alzheimer’s Center at Albany Medical Center invites you to consider an opportunity to join our team as the Director of our Alzheimer’s Center. We are an established and growing comprehensive center for research and care and have been designated as one of the 10 Centers of Excellence for Alzheimer’s Disease in New York State. The Alzheimer’s Center at Albany Medical Center was established with a vision to transform dementia care in upstate New York and accelerate the race towards prevention and treatment. Our center has immense institutional and community support, as well as philanthropic funding. Our goal is to identify an individual who is passionate about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia’s, with a vision to grow and lead the clinical research efforts, while providing exemplary clinical care.
Other highlights include:
* A diverse patient population in an academic hospital setting, serving 23 counties and more than 2.5 million people.
* Collaborate with a dedicated team of neurologists, neuropsychologists, geriatric psychiatrists, social workers and allied support staff.
* In joining our academic faculty the successful candidate will enjoy ample opportunities to teach medical students, residents and fellows. Research and other scholarly work is encouraged and supported commensurate with the skills and accomplishments of the clinician scientist.
* Enjoy a rich neurosciences community of learning in the New York Capital Region including SUNY, RPI, AMC.
* Competitive Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with experience
Located at the heart of New York’s Capital Region, Albany is a culturally and environmentally diverse area that is home to nearly 1,000,000 residents. The 3 cities of the capital region–Albany, Schenectady, and Troy, and their suburbs offer a range of affordable, safe, and comfortable neighborhoods with quality schools and active community groups. Albany, the capital of New York State, is home for the state University in Albany, the School of Public Health, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany Law School, and multiple private colleges, and offers a wide variety of culturally events. It is within easy driving distance to New York City, Boston, and Montréal, as well as the Adirondack Mountains, Lake Placid, Saratoga, and Lake George. It is a wonderful place to raise a family and enjoy activities related to all 4 seasons.
Please send inquiries and a C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Manager
Albany Med Faculty Physicians
_Albany Medical Center is a non-discriminatory AA/EOE employer (minorities and women are encouraged to apply)._