St. Luke’s Neurosurgical Associates (SLNA), located in the Lehigh Valley of Eastern Pennsylvania, is seeking an energetic neurosurgeon to join the practice. SLNA is a collegial, well-established, hospital employed group of 7 neurosurgeons (one acting as a hospitalist, as well as one additional interventional radiologist). This is the pre-eminent neurosurgery practice in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania with a strong referral base. The special feature of this group is the quality of the partners and the neurosurgery they practice.
The successful candidate will have solid training and interest in general neurosurgery, and be comfortable with trauma, including cranial and complex spine. Present partners also subspecialize in an area of particular interest/training.
Features of the practice:
- Network comprised of 10 hospitals. Primary neurosurgical call is dedicated to physically cover the University Campus as well as the soon to open level 2 trauma center at the Anderson campus; ER calls can come from all locations, but anything urgent/surgical being transferred to one of the above
- Call will be 1:6 on primary neurosurgical call as well as 1:6 backup call (1:3 overall). The service is consultative, with both trauma/surgical critical care or medical/internal medicine hospitalists handling admissions & taking first call
- Comprehensive Stroke Center, with separate cerebrovascular/endovascular call structure
- Minimal pediatric neurosurgery cases – stabilized and transferred
- Electronic office and hospital medical records (Epic), including home access including to PACS
- Referrals developed from extensive Network owned PCP practices, 10 Network ERs, neurology, spine & pain practice, oncology, ENT, etc. No in-network neurosurgery competition. 1 spine focused orthopedic surgeon in Network – very collegial relationship.
- Extensive corp of Advanced Practitioners to assist in ORs, facilitate rounding, office volumes, etc.
- Medical draw area of 1.1M residents in 11 counties
St. Luke’s University Hospital, the Network’s tertiary hub, is a 486-bed, Level 1 Trauma Center with a 14-bed Trauma/Neuro-ICU. Hospital highlights:
- Excellent medical/surgical critical care and hospitalist services taking first call on non-surgical pathologies with neurosurgeons consulting
- Block OR Time
- 2 x 1.5T MRI, 2 64-slice and 1 16-slice CT, Varian Trilogy Radiosurgery unit, Zeiss Pentero neurosurgical operating microscopes, Medtronics StealthStation frameless stereotactic systems, endoscopic/ventriculoscopic OR system
- Same structure of medical/surgical critical care and hospitalists service at this campus
- Block OR Time
- 2 x 1.5T MRI, 64-slice CT, Varian Truebeam frameless SRS unit, Zeiss Pentero neurosurgical operating microscope
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
The Lehigh Valley
A region of approximately 500,000 people located one hour north of Philadelphia and 1 ½ hours west of New York City. The three cities in the valley are: Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton. Great public and private schools, performing arts, music festivals, fine dining, excellent quality of life, local universities and colleges and great recreation are all to be found in the Lehigh Valley.