Baptist Health - Northeast Florida's Most Preferred Health System
Changing Healthcare for Good
- Baptist Health is the region’s most preferred health system since 1990, ranking highest in the categories of best doctors, best nurses, best quality and best reputation. Specialty physicians, like Neurologist, enjoy the ability to build successful practices focused on quality outcomes as part of the largest clinically integrated physician network in the region, including more than 250 primary care providers at the core of the health system.
Who We Are - Baptist Neurology
- Baptist Neurology is the largest private practice, multi-disciplinary Neurology practice, with 30 providers providing inpatient and outpatient neurology care with two fellowship-trained Epileptologist, full EEG and Neuromuscular EMG testing capabilities, and 1 of 2 Neuro Ophthalmologist in Northeast Florida.
- As part of the Baptist Neuroscience Institute, you will have access and support across the health system with a multi-specialty program spanning the spectrum of neurological conditions including stroke, neurophysiology disorders, epilepsy, MS, neuro-oncology, memory disorders, movement disorders, headache, sleep, cerebrovascular disease and neurosurgical spine.
Our Stroke and Cerebral Vascular Center
- With a goal like saving lives, it pays to keep on top of constantly advancing treatment recommendations. We rely on the latest guidance from the American Heart Association. By participating in their Get With The Guidelines® program, we ensure that our patients get treatment that’s in line with the latest science.
- We’ve been recognized for adhering to those high standards. Every step we take gets us closer to our goal: saving lives.
Awards and Advancements
- Baptist Health and Wolfson Children’s Hospital were recognized as a designated Clinical Center by the Angioma Alliance for the treatment of cerebral cavernous malformations (CCM) in both adults and children.
- Wolfson Children’s is the first children’s hospital in Florida to receive this designation and the only pediatric hospital in the southeast.
- Baptist Health is the only designated CCM Clinical Center in the Northeast Florida region.
- The Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is a Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, providing a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the rapid diagnosis and treatment of stroke.
- The Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center providing the critical elements to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes for stroke patients.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks hospitals based on specialty care, common procedures and conditions in metro, state and regional areas. Baptist is ranked #2 for Best Regional Hospital in Jacksonville and #11 for Best Regional Hospital in Florida.
- Baptist Health hosts an annual Innovations in Cerebrovascular Science symposium.
About the Baptist Health Network
- Baptist Health invests more than $250 million annually in social responsibility initiatives, charity care and the cost of uncompensated care.
- Priorities include children having access to health care, adults having access to quality care, elderly people living independent, fulfilling lives, access to mental health services, maternal and child health and other social determinants of health.
- Baptist Health has the area’s only dedicated heart hospital; orthopedic institute; women’s services; neurological institute, including comprehensive neurosurgical services, a comprehensive stroke center and two primary stroke centers; a Bariatric Center of Excellence; a full range of psychology and psychiatry services; urgent care services; and primary and specialty care physicians’ offices throughout Northeast Florida.
- The Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is a regional destination for multidisciplinary cancer care, which is clinically integrated with the MD Anderson Cancer Center, the internationally renowned cancer treatment and research institution in Houston.