Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare is one of the country’s most dynamic health care organizations! ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of primary care and outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,336 beds), a freestanding emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women’s health.
ChristianaCare is rated by Forbes as the 2nd best health system for diversity and inclusion, and the 29th best health system to work for in the United States, and by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation’s Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is rated by Healthgrades as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals and continually ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek and other national quality ratings.
Living in and around Delaware offers varied and affordable housing options in DE, PA, MD or NJ. Connected by Amtrak and I 95 this region is a hub for excellent restaurants, entertainment and sporting venues, cultural events and some of the nation’s best colleges and universities. Our location puts you within 1-3 hours of four international airports, major cities including Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, D.C., popular beach towns in MD, DE and NJ and popular ski resorts in PA and NY.
- The largest healthcare system in Delaware employing 13,000 caregivers.
- 18 dedicated Neurocritical Care beds, 6 Transitional Neurology Unit beds, 2 Epilepsy Monitoring Unit beds, and 22 Stroke Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Unit beds.
- State of the art acute care facilities (including Level I Trauma) at the Main Newark Campus Comprehensive Stroke Center, Wilmington Hospital Primary stroke center, Cecil County Hospital and Acute Stroke Ready Hospital at the Middletown ED in Middletown, DE.
- Recognized for high quality stroke care including American Heart Association's Gold Plus Stroke Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award.
- 1,350 employed physicians.
- Extensive teaching opportunities including an Internal Medicine, ED/IM, and psychiatry residents, medical students, and peer education. Academic appointment available via Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Named among Forbes Best Employer for Diversity & Inclusion in The U.S. For 2023
- Excellent benefits package, including 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Eligible for Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
Neurohospitalist/Vascular Neurologist Newark, Delaware
Outpatient Neurologist (Pick your focus!) Newark, Delaware
Interested in learning more about our neurology opportunities?
Contact Physician Recruiter, Yvonne Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about ChristianaCare visit - https://careers.christianacare.org/WhoWeAre/